Travel diary - Rockport MA

It has been six months in Boston and after a harsh winter, it was time to explore neighboring towns and cities. Initially I was hesitant to travel around mainly because I was not sure if I will be able to drive on the right side of the road. But having been a side passenger for the past 6 months I observed my friends who were driving and for the first time rented a car in the US two weeks back, only to end up jumping from 14,000 feet.


This weekend I rented a car from National, they have a user friendly app that offers features such as extend your rental, which is extremely useful as you need not call a customer representative and spend a few minutes navigating the IVR.
What has disappointed me is that their cars do not come with a toll radio tag, which means one has to carry cash, and wait at toll booth. For rental cars I believe this must be a standard feature, considering they already have our credit card details toll fee can be charged at actual on return.
That said I rented a Toyota Camry, spent Saturday exploring the suburbs, finally found a good Indian eatery, Paradise Biryani Point, Westborough MA.
After having lazed half the day I finally decided to step out and make use of the car I had rented.


For a few weeks I had planned to go to Rockport, this is a small fishing town North East of Boston, pulled out Google Maps, set the location and thus started the journey. One cool feature I have started to like in Google Maps is how the map zooms in as one approaches a turn or a curve, while at most part it gives you a good bird view, also the new feature that allows one to search for restaurants, bars, gas stations is a good value add.


I took the I93 North and began the journey, made a video blog on the way, to be shared in the future. Took me about 30 min to reach Rockport, first stop was Dunkin Donuts (since America runs on Dunkin  ;-)) had my usual croissant with egg and cheese.
Moved around the coast area, managed to find a high spot to click images of the town, later went into the Hailbut point state park to click a few more images, and did a bit of a trek to reach the ocean, time flew passed as I saw the waves hit the rock, spent a few minutes wondering how life has changed. Before I knew my alarm rang and it was time to head back,to begin another exciting week at work.
Cheers,

Saurabh














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make a resolution

Work From Home, not enjoying the experience!

The journey so far